The Pennsylvania Lottery maintains a Facebook page and a Twitter feed.
Social media users should be wary of any message coming from a Facebook page, website or other source that may be impersonating the Pennsylvania Lottery.
In particular, beware of scammers masquerading as “Lottery agents” that may contact you to falsely state that you’ve won a prize, or asking for personal or financial information.
Scammers also may state that they are with a private company that is taking over management of the Pennsylvania Lottery. The Pennsylvania Lottery is still operated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
To avoid being scammed, please remember the Pennsylvania Lottery will NEVER:
• Send a user a “friend request” via Facebook.
• Send a user a “message” via Facebook; unless responding to a user message/question sent first.
• Notify a user via Facebook that they have won a giveaway or contest.
• Ask for contact information beyond what an entrant has already provided while entering a legitimate Pennsylvania Lottery giveaway.
• Ask for bank account information in ANY case.
Please report any suspected scams to Lottery Security at 717-702-8026.