– Pennsylvania Lottery Scratch-Off winners claimed $188,629,477 million in prizes during May, including one top prize worth $3 million claimed by a player in Lackawanna County and three top prizes worth $1 million claimed by players from Allegheny, Lycoming and Lancaster counties.
Additionally, congratulations to the retailer who earned a $10,000 bonus for selling the $3 million winning ticket, and to the three retailers who each earned a $5,000 bonus for selling Scratch-off winning tickets worth $1 million. They are:
- Lans Express North S., 1227 S. Main Ave., Scranton (Sold $3 million winning ticket);
- Jiffy Market & Deli Inc., 115 N. Pennsylvania Ave., Jersey Shore;
- Speedy Tobacco Mart, 1602 5th Ave., Coraopolis; and
- Peterson’s Grocery Outlet, 72 Peach Bottom Road, Peach Bottom.
Across Pennsylvania, other big prizes claimed
during May included:
- Five prizes of $300,000;
- Two prizes of $250,000; and
- Fifteen prizes of $100,000.
The monthly winner list is posted in the Winners
section of palottery.com. Not included on that list are the many Scratch-Off players who won prizes of less than $1,000.
Scratch-Off games currently offer prizes ranging from a free ticket to $3 million. Before playing any game, players should read and understand the rules, remaining prizes and specific chances of winning at palottery.com. Check tickets promptly and immediately claim winnings. Prizes expire one year from a Scratch-Off game’s end-sale date, which is posted on palottery.com.
The overall chances of winning any prize
, printed on the back of each ticket, are stated across all tickets produced in a game, not by consecutive tickets sold per pack. Random distribution ensures the Pennsylvania Lottery and retailers do not know where winning tickets will be sold.
Visit the Winners
pages at palottery.com to review how much money each county receives in Lottery prizes and funding to benefit older Pennsylvanians.
: The Pennsylvania Lottery remains the only state lottery to direct all proceeds to programs
that benefit older residents. Since ticket sales began in 1972, it has contributed more than $29 billion to fund property tax and rent rebates, transportation, care services, prescription assistance, and local services including senior centers and meals.
Players must be 18 or older. Please play responsibly
. Call 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) for help with a compulsive gambling problem.
for winning numbers, rules, chances of winning, and to join the VIP Players Club to play online
or enter for second chances to win. Install our official mobile app
, like us on Facebook
and follow us on Instagram
@PALottery. Use the hashtag #palottery to share your messages with us.