What is Derby Cash Horse Racing?
How do you play Derby Cash?
What are the possible winning outcomes?
How much does it cost to play Derby Cash?
How does the Derby Cash Multiplier work?
How do you win?
What are the prizes?
How do players claim a Derby Cash prize?
Where is Derby Cash played?
Q: What is Derby Cash Horse Racing?
A: Derby Cash is part of the Xpress Sports lineup of virtual sporting events. Races (drawings) occur every four minutes and simulate a race of 12 thoroughbred horses around a grass track. Each race will result in a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finisher. You must choose your desired play type from among the options available on the front of the playslip before a race begins. Watch the big screen to see an ultra-realistic depiction of the race. Check your ticket after the race using the ticket checker to see if you won a prize.
Q: How do you play Derby Cash?
A: Players select a play type and their desired horse(s) based on that play type.
Follow these steps to fill out a Derby Cash playslip:
- Select your cost: Mark the amount you want to play for each race.
- Select number of races: Mark the number of consecutive races you want to play.
- Select only one play type: Mark the play type you want to play.
- Select your horses: Follow the instructions for your selected play type and choose your desired horse(s), or select Quick Pick (QP) if you prefer the terminal to randomly select your horse(s) for you.
- Note: If you pick more than one horse in each corresponding row when playing Exacta, Trifecta, or Superfecta, your play will automatically be a Wheel play.
- Mark YES if you want to multiply any prize won.
- Note: Selecting YES triples total cost per play.
At any touch-screen Lottery terminal, insert your payment and either manually select your play options or insert your completed Derby Cash playslip. Grab your Derby Cash ticket and watch the ultra-realistic depiction of the random race play out at select retailers or scan your ticket at any retailer after the race to learn if you won a prize.
Q: What are the possible winning outcomes?
A: Each race will result in a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finisher for each race outcome. Players win by:
- Win: Selected horse finishes 1st
- Place: Selected horse finishes 1st or 2nd
- Show: Selected horse finishes 1st, 2nd, or 3rd
- Exacta: Selected horse(s) finish 1st and 2nd in EXACT order
- Quinella: Selected horse(s) finish 1st and 2nd in ANY order
- Trifecta: Selected horse(s) finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in EXACT order
- Superfecta: Selected horse(s) finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in EXACT order
- Box: In a Box play, which is only available for Exacta, Trifecta, or Superfecta, all possible combinations are purchased and selected horse(s) must finish in either 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th depending on the play type
- Example: You purchase a Trifecta Box play of 2-4-5-6, and win if some combination of those four horses finishes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- Wheel: In a Wheel play, which is only available for Exacta, Trifecta, or Superfecta, you select specific horse(s) to come in a specific order (1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th depending on play type) and play either all or a selection of the remaining horse(s) in the field for the other spots
- Example: You purchase a Superfecta Wheel play and the #4 horse to win, and must select any combination of at least three horses to finish 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in any order
Q: How much does it cost to play Derby Cash?
A: Players can spend $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $10, or $20 for each race, but total cost depends on the play type selected and the number of consecutive races chosen. Players can play $0.10 or $0.50 for Superfecta Box or Wheel plays. Players can play $0.50 for Exacta or Trifecta plays only.
Q: How does the Derby Cash Multiplier work?
A: When selected, the Derby Cash Multiplier triples your total cost per play. If you play the Derby Cash Multiplier and win a prize, that prize is multiplied by 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X, or 10X. The Derby Cash Multiplier will be randomly selected prior to the start of each race.
Q: How do you win?
A: Every four minutes, an ultra-realistic depiction of a race of 12 thoroughbred horses occurs around a grass track. Each race will result in a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finisher. The lowest numbered horse has the best chance of winning each race, while the highest numbered horse has the least chance of winning.
Q: What are the prizes?
A: See the Derby Cash Prizes and Chances page to see the range of prizes that can be won on any race. Prizes increase as the play amounts increase.
Q: How do players claim a Derby Cash prize?
A: Derby Cash prizes may be claimed at any Pennsylvania Lottery retailer.
Q: Where is Derby Cash played?
A: Derby Cash can be played at any Pennsylvania Lottery retailer, but not all retailers will have Derby Cash TV monitors. You should also look for Derby Cash in places like restaurants and bars. If you do not see it, suggest that the business should sign up to offer it.
For more details on rules, chances of winning, and to try the game demo, click here.