Become a Lottery Drawing Witness!
Drawing witnesses serve an important role by helping to ensure the integrity and security of Pennsylvania Lottery drawings. Witnesses serve in a voluntary capacity.
Pennsylvania residents age 55 and older are invited to participate as witnesses on two consecutive nights, performing different functions each night. The process takes approximately 2.5 hours each night.
The nightly drawings are held at WITF Studios, 4801 Lindle Road, Harrisburg.
Witnesses are responsible for providing their own transportation and, if necessary, lodging.
Once your participation is confirmed by our staff, you will work with two Pennsylvania Lottery drawing officials, who will directly perform all drawing tasks, and two independent Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), who will monitor all tasks to ensure that all procedures are properly performed and all security standards are met. Witness duties include:
What Are Your Duties?
- On one night, you will directly participate in the selection of the drawing machines and ball sets for that evening’s drawings. You will also observe all pre-drawing and post-drawing tests.
- On the other night, you will appear on-camera as the witness for the live televised drawing show.
You need not do anything special in order to prepare for your role; you will be instructed on everything you will need to do.
To ask a question or to sign up, please call 717-702-8067 or send an email to RAemail@example.com:
Learn More or Sign Up
- A Pennsylvania Lottery drawing official will contact you to schedule your dates. You will receive a confirmation follow-up letter.
- You may cancel or postpone if an emergency or other problem should arise, but you should call as early as possible so that a replacement witness can be arranged.
- Normally, witnesses participate no more than once every six months.
Report to the studio by 5 p.m. (sharp) on your scheduled date. Please be on time. Drawing staff officials and representatives of the CPA firm will explain the evening’s procedures and your role in the Lottery drawing. You will:
Schedule and Process
- Assist in the random selection of machines and ball sets, and observe security tests.
- Observe the transport of drawing equipment into main studio area.
- Observe studio pre-drawing tests, followed by practice for the on-camera witness.
- Participate in the live televised drawing show at 6:58:50 p.m.
- Observe post-drawing verification and tests.
- Observe the securing of drawing machines and ball sets for the night.
- Sign paperwork and depart – usually no later than 7:30 p.m.
The experience of being a PA Lottery drawing show witness is both informational and rewarding. Our drawing staff looks forward to meeting you!