Use your mouse to Scratch For Fun and see an example of how this game is played. Scratch for Fun examples do not award prizes.
Scratch for Fun is for entertainment purposes only. Scratch for Fun examples may not accurately represent game play or overall chances of winning. For complete game rules see the game page.
Spicy Hot Crossword is a $5 game that offers 10 top prizes of $100,000.
1. Scratch YOUR LETTERS to reveal 18 letters. Rub each matching letter every time it is found on either Crossword GRID. Each letter's square, when rubbed gently, will turn white.
2. When you have matched the letters of two (2) or more entire words on either Crossword GRID, win the corresponding prize shown in the PRIZE KEY for that GRID. Only the highest prize won in either Crossword GRID will be paid.
3. Scratch each "FLAME" symbol that appears in either Crossword GRID. Each "FLAME" symbol is a free spot. When a "FLAME" symbol appears in any winning combination of words, DOUBLE the corresponding prize found in the PRIZE KEY.
4. Each Crossword GRID is played separately.
BONUS: Reveal a BLACK "PEPPER" (WIN10) symbol, win $10 instantly. Reveal a GREEN "PEPPER" (WIN50) symbol, win $50 instantly. Reveal a RED "PEPPER" (WIN100) symbol, win $100 instantly. BONUS is played separately.
* An additional quantity of these tickets has been added to satisfy player demand. This additional quantity does not alter the chances of winning.
Overall chances of winning a prize: 1:3.74
Pennsylvania Lottery Benefits Older Pennsylvanians. Every Day.
Get the Official
PA Lottery App
For Text Alerts
VIP Players Club
Join the VIP Players Club
© 2018 PA Lottery
Players Must Be 18 Years or Older. Please Play Responsibly. PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE: 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537).
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the winning numbers, prize payouts and other information posted on the Pennsylvania Lottery's website. The official winning numbers are those selected in the respective drawings and recorded under the observation of an independent accounting firm. In the event of a discrepancy, the official drawing results shall prevail.
"The trademark 'Cash For Life' and 'Cash 4 Life', reg. nos. 3099613, 4254557, and 4748172 are owned by and used with the permission of the Multi-State Lottery Association."